Early History of Irwin Taken from "The Diamond", a 75th anniversary publication.
Above: The John Irwin House built in 1836 by John irwin for a relative, later became an inn and popular stagecoach stop for travelers to and from Pittsburgh. It is located at the corner of Pennsylvania Ave. and Main St.
Right: Brush Hill House built in 1798 by Col. John Irwin. First Mansion scale house west of the Allegheny Mountains.
424 Main Street
Irwin, PA 15642