Building Code Official " BCO " - Jim Halfhill (724) 864-3105 Ext Irwinpublicworks@comcast.net
When do I need a Building Permit?
The easiest way to find out whether you need a building permit or not is to call the Borough office at (724) 864-3105. Typically, all new construction, remodeling, alterations and room additions need building permits. All work must meet the standards of the Uniform Construction Code "U.C.C" as well as the Zoning Ordinance.
|Samples of some improvements requiring a permit are:
Step by step guide to obtaining a building permit.
- Bring in ideas and receive an application
- Submit completed application with plans and pay for all required permits and plan reviews.
- Receive building permit. CAUTION - any construction begun without a building permit may result in a fine.
- Building inspections may be required. The permit official will indicate what is needed.
- Final inspections will re required when all work is completed.
Fees are assessed according to the cost of the construction; inspection fees are paid prior to issuing a permit.
Persons denied a building permit can appeal the decision to the Zoning Hearing Board. Variances and special exceptions are also through appeals to the Zoning Board. Applications for a hearing are available at the Borough office. A $100 fee must accompany submission of the completed application.
424 Main Street
Irwin, PA 15642